New Feature: Enter to Submit
We make it a priority to ask to observe our users, new and long standing, use our product. One common friction we observed among our newest users was seeing them unsure of how to submit a new Task card. Our old behavior was to press tab or clicking off the card saved it. Now, pressing enter submits the card. What if you want to enter a blank line? Just press shift-enter.
Here’s an example of these changes in action:
It’s a small change, but one that we hope makes the experience of Parabol better for new folks. While we’re talking about card editing, don’t forget you can hit shift-? to access Parabol’s power card editing short cuts:
Other recent changes
While we’re here, we’ll share some other, less visible changes that have made its way into the product since we last shared:
- Task cards now feature automatic spellchecking
- After you archive a team, the team’s Meeting Summaries will still be available from your Timeline
- Performance navigating between areas of the app has increased dramatically—feel the speed!
- Now only the Facilitator can edit the check-in question, hopefully reducing some of the tendency for new teams to want to type, rather than speak, their answer to this question
- Fixed bugs preventing users from logging in with iOS devices
- Shipped beta video conferencing behind a feature flag—contact us if you want access!
We buried lede with this last bullet…but if you made it to the end of this post, you’re probably the kind of user we want to include!