A fully-remote position, work from anywhere
Senior Full-stack Developer
$120k – $160k USD * 0.0% – 0.1% Equity
In this role, you’ll be working with the Product team to help us build new features and tools to make meetings even more effortless online.
As a senior full-stack developer, you’ll be more than just a coder. You’ll collaborate with a talented team on interesting problems, and receive mentorship to improve your craft. Our goal is to provide you with the experience to work anywhere in the world and a culture that makes you choose to stay.
That culture begins with hiring. We’ll never ask you to a whiteboard interview. We value your time, so we’ll ask you to submit a PR for an issue from our codebase, give you support and feedback to make iterations, and pay you to complete it. We’re the only company we know of who hires in this way and we’re pretty proud of it.
- Creators of Parabol, the open-source meeting app for remote and agile teams
- Backed by top investors: Microsoft, Slack Fund, CRV, and Haystack
- A fully-distributed global team who value flexible scheduling and travel
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Deep experience working with Typescript, NodeJS, GraphQL, React or similar frontend frameworks.
- Motivation to work in a small startup and be part of the decision making process that impacts our whole business.
- Interest or experience in open source software and/or the open source community.
- Ability to work independently but also values being part of a team with strong communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills (your tech blog > your degree)
- A history of open-source contributions (links to PRs a plus)
- Reimagine the future of remote work
- Use the latest tools: Typescript, GraphQL, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, K8s
- Help us build new features and work on our Standup, Retro, Check-in and Sprint Poker meeting types.
- Support the Product Engineering team with technical challenges that arise while we continue to grow and scale our system.
- 💰 Fair & location-agnostic pay:US-based salaries, no matter where you’re based. Plus: early-stage equity in a well-funded, fast-growing startup.
- 🐙🐱Work in the open: Our code is open source, and so is our way of working. We’ve been publishing a weekly update since 2015.
- 🌞 People-first schedules: We limit recurring meetings to 1-2 hours per week per team, with no synchronous daily standups. We offer unlimited PTO to everyone, and encourage folks to take time off. We also have both company-wide and country-specific holidays.
- 🌍 Work from anywhere with people around the globe: Our current team stretches from Los Angeles, California to Warsaw, Poland. Work wherever works for you.
- 🌀 Growing faster through experimentation and autonomy: From peer code reviews to monthly sales experiments, we structure our work to maximize learning. Everyone owns their work and can develop their skills quickly.
- 🛫 Global travel: All-expenses-paid company retreats and team retreats.
- ✨An Equal Opportunity Employer: We founded Parabol to help build stronger teams by empowering members to be their authentic selves. Our company is no exception.
- 💖 Great teammates: An inclusive team of curious and purposeful people on a mission to improve how work gets done.
- 💪 Health care: We work with local partners to provide healthcare & benefits that are aligned with top industry standards.
- 🔢 No standard coding questions or whiteboard interviews: We’ll assess how we work together by collaborating on a short paid project We want to know how you actually work, not how many LeetCode / Project Euler / Stack Overflow questions you can answer.
Learn more about our purpose and benefits.
Even if you don’t feel that you meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply.
During our hiring process, we take into account your growth potential, not just your prior achievements.