A fully-remote position, work from anywhere
Senior DevOps Engineer
$140k – $180k USD * 0.0% – 0.1% Equity
As a DevOps Architect at Parabol, you’ll bring new experiences to life that shape the daily work experience of a growing user base, designing and building along with an inspiringly talented and kind team.
- Creators of Parabol, the open-source meeting app for remote and agile teams
- Backed by top investors: Microsoft, Slack Fund, CRV, and Haystack
- A fully-distributed global team who value flexible scheduling and travel
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- An ace containerization and infrastructure engineer, who keeps up-to-date on the latest patterns and technologies
- Somebody who loves open-source software & wants to share your code with the world
- Comfortable designing a scalable infrastructure from the ground up
- Experienced in deploying auto-scalable micro-services
- An empathetic and generous communicator that lives by, “don’t hate, iterate”
- Designing and developing CI/CD pipelines (Cloud Run, Gitlab Runner, GitHub Actions, and Circle CI)
- Administering and deploying kubernetes (GKE (preferred), AKE, AKS)
- Cloud experience, especially with Google Cloud Platform or AWS. (GCP preferred)
- Deploying microservices
- General scripting and development experience (python and bash)
- General observability and monitoring experience (e.g. application alerting, database metrics, outage response)
- Developer experience mindset (e.g. onboarding developers, supporting development environments, assisting with application onboarding to CI/CD)
- Nice to have: Observability and monitoring with Datadog
- Nice to have: Experience using Github and Gitlab
- Nice to have: A security-focused mindset with experience securing environments and applications.
Commitment & Accountabilities
- Full-time employment
- Architecting and maintaining a solid SaaS infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline
- Advising clients and developing patterns for deploying self-hosted version of Parabol
- 💰 Fair & location-agnostic pay:US-based salaries, no matter where you’re based. Plus: early-stage equity in a well-funded, fast-growing startup.
- 🐙🐱Work in the open: Our code is open source, and so is our way of working. We’ve been publishing a weekly update since 2015.
- 🌞 People-first schedules: We limit recurring meetings to 1-2 hours per week per team, with no synchronous daily standups. We offer unlimited PTO to everyone, and encourage folks to take time off. We also have both company-wide and country-specific holidays.
- 🌍 Work from anywhere with people around the globe: Our current team stretches from Los Angeles, California to Warsaw, Poland. Work wherever works for you.
- 🌀 Growing faster through experimentation and autonomy: From peer code reviews to monthly sales experiments, we structure our work to maximize learning. Everyone owns their work and can develop their skills quickly.
- 🛫 Global travel: All-expenses-paid company retreats and team retreats.
- ✨An Equal Opportunity Employer: We founded Parabol to help build stronger teams by empowering members to be their authentic selves. Our company is no exception.
- 💖 Great teammates: An inclusive team of curious and purposeful people on a mission to improve how work gets done.
- 💪 Health care: We work with local partners to provide healthcare & benefits that are aligned with top industry standards.
- 🔢 No standard coding questions or whiteboard interviews: We’ll assess how we work together by collaborating on a short paid project We want to know how you actually work, not how many LeetCode / Project Euler / Stack Overflow questions you can answer.
Learn more about our purpose and benefits.
Even if you don’t feel that you meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply.
During our hiring process, we take into account your growth potential, not just your prior achievements.