A fully-remote position, work from anywhere
Inside Sales Representative
$70k – $100k USD * 0.0% – 0.1% Equity
In this role, you’ll build relationships with users to drive revenue, influence product development and prevent churn.
- Creators of Parabol, the open-source meeting app for remote and agile teams
- Backed by top investors: Microsoft, Slack Fund, CRV, and Haystack
- Committed to transparency, honesty, empathy, experimentation, and play
- A fully-distributed global team who value flexible scheduling and travel
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Relationship-orientated from initial contact, through contract negotiations, expansion, renewal, and customer success.
- Energized by consultative sales processes and product-led growth (PLG), not by hyper-competitive environments or traditional sales practices (you won’t find those here!)
- Motivated by helping the team succeed, honing your craft and building your own relationships.
- Curious, competitive and tenacious. Not too shy to ask uncomfortable questions.
- Data-driven, iterative, and experimentally minded.
- Bonus points for: experience with a bottom-up sales approach, freemium products, B2B SaaS, Enterprise Sales, self-hosted products, government sales processes, and/or Open Source Software
- Researching and prioritizing sales opportunities.
- Building and maintaining relationships within your own pipeline, aiming to close new deals, expand existing agreements and prevent churn.
- Responding to user requests, collecting feedback and sharing with our product team.
- Experimenting with new sales approaches and tactics to better equip the wider team with best practices.
- Delivering walkthroughs and supporting our users.
- 💰 Fair & location-agnostic pay:US-based salaries, no matter where you’re based. Plus: early-stage equity in a well-funded, fast-growing startup.
- 🐙🐱Work in the open: Our code is open source, and so is our way of working. We’ve been publishing a weekly update since 2015.
- 🌞 People-first schedules: We limit recurring meetings to 1-2 hours per week per team, with no synchronous daily standups. We offer unlimited PTO to everyone, and encourage folks to take time off. We also have both company-wide and country-specific holidays.
- 🌍 Work from anywhere with people around the globe: Our current team stretches from Los Angeles, California to Warsaw, Poland. Work wherever works for you.
- 🌀 Growing faster through experimentation and autonomy: From peer code reviews to monthly sales experiments, we structure our work to maximize learning. Everyone owns their work and can develop their skills quickly.
- 🛫 Global travel: All-expenses-paid company retreats and team retreats.
- ✨An Equal Opportunity Employer: We founded Parabol to help build stronger teams by empowering members to be their authentic selves. Our company is no exception.
- 💖 Great teammates: An inclusive team of curious and purposeful people on a mission to improve how work gets done.
- 💪 Health care: We work with local partners to provide healthcare & benefits that are aligned with top industry standards.
- 🔢 No standard coding questions or whiteboard interviews: We’ll assess how we work together by collaborating on a short paid project We want to know how you actually work, not how many LeetCode / Project Euler / Stack Overflow questions you can answer.
Learn more about our purpose and benefits.
Even if you don’t feel that you meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply.
During our hiring process, we take into account your growth potential, not just your prior achievements.