A fully-remote position, work from anywhere
$140k – $180k USD * 0.0% – 0.1% Equity
As a Principal Developer on the Growth team at Parabol, you’ll lead development of growth initiatives in the Parabol app, alongside an inspiringly talented and kind team.
- Creators of Parabol, the open-source meeting app for remote and agile teams
- Backed by top investors: Microsoft, Slack Fund, CRV, and Haystack
- Committed to transparency, honesty, empathy, experimentation, and play
- A fully-distributed global team who value flexible scheduling and travel
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reimagine the future of remote work
- Architect integration between our website and application
- Drive technical implementation of growth-focused initiatives including notifications and purchasing
- 7+ years development experience on SaaS applications, whether through open source projects, full-time work or a combination
- 3+ years working on an Agile team with a perspective on how teams work together
- Are passionate about and experienced in software development; in particular, advanced knowledge of GraphQL and React.
- Excited to work on a cross-functional team, alongside writers, designers and marketers
- Experience using feature-flagging and/or other in-product testing methodologies, and an experimental mindset
- One who prefers shipping quickly and learning, rather than working towards “big reveals”
- An empathetic and generous communicator
- Bonus points for: experience working in Open Source software (links to PRs a plus), experience with WordPress
- 💰 Fair & location-agnostic pay:US-based salaries, no matter where you’re based. Plus: early-stage equity in a well-funded, fast-growing startup.
- 🐙🐱Work in the open: Our code is open source, and so is our way of working. We’ve been publishing a weekly update since 2015.
- 🌞 People-first schedules: We limit recurring meetings to 1-2 hours per week per team, with no synchronous daily standups. We offer unlimited PTO to everyone, and encourage folks to take time off. We also have both company-wide and country-specific holidays.
- 🌍 Work from anywhere with people around the globe: Our current team stretches from Los Angeles, California to Warsaw, Poland. Work wherever works for you.
- 🌀 Growing faster through experimentation and autonomy: From peer code reviews to monthly sales experiments, we structure our work to maximize learning. Everyone owns their work and can develop their skills quickly.
- 🛫 Global travel: All-expenses-paid company retreats and team retreats.
- ✨An Equal Opportunity Employer: We founded Parabol to help build stronger teams by empowering members to be their authentic selves. Our company is no exception.
- 💖 Great teammates: An inclusive team of curious and purposeful people on a mission to improve how work gets done.
- 💪 Health care: We work with local partners to provide healthcare & benefits that are aligned with top industry standards.
- 🔢 No standard coding questions or whiteboard interviews: We’ll assess how we work together by collaborating on a short paid project We want to know how you actually work, not how many LeetCode / Project Euler / Stack Overflow questions you can answer.
Learn more about our purpose and benefits.
Even if you don’t feel that you meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply.
During our hiring process, we take into account your growth potential, not just your prior achievements.