Our goal is to create the best retrospective and meeting app, period. We knew we must integrate with the tools teams use so we work within their work flow. We’re excited to release our integration with Jira.
We hate friction. Until now, running a retrospective online meant having to cut and paste the output into items on a teams backlog to turn what the team learned into action. Now it’s easy to get Issues from Parabol onto your backlog. Once you identify a task in a retrospective that belongs in your Jira project, you can get it there in just 2 simple steps:
- Tap the publish icon on the card
- Select the Jira project you want
Task cards integrated with Jira have a direct link to the issue. Pro tip: the first line from the task card will be used as the title of the Jira issue. On the task card press shift + enter to break a line and start the description. Once you integrate the card, it’ll be read-only, so make those tweaks first!
You can connect to Atlassian directly from the task card or under Team Settings. Try it out with your team and let us know what you think.
Other recent improvements
- Retrospective prompts now have optional descriptions. Use this feature to give your team more context based on your culture and meeting style.
- We’ve eased confusion with duplicate log-in credentials. For example, if you type in your email address but created your account with Google, we’ll remind you.
- Retrospective meetings no longer timeout automatically. Remote teams from different time zones around the world can open a Retro meeting and keep it going as long as necessary per their process.
- We’ve been experimenting with embedded video conferencing in our Retro meetings. This is currently behind a feature flag. We’ve been using it internally and it’s great to use a single tab to hold a remote Retro. Let us know if you’d like early access.
We’re always thankful to our users for their candid feedback as they help us test new features and integrations. Have you been using Parabol with your team? What’s missing? What can we improve? Contact us and let us know.